Editor’s note: The HARP program, designed to help homeowners who owed more than their homes were worth, expired Dec. 31, 2018. There are many good options for refinancing, so please contact us at your earliest convenience.
HARP has been improved since it launched in 2009. The program now requires less documentation and has simpler guidelines, all designed to approve more loans.
Even if you have not qualified for HARP in the past, you may qualify now.
Harp Basic Eligibility Requirements
- You are current on your mortgage, with no 30-day+ late payments in the last six months and no more than one in the past 12 months.
- Your home is your primary residence, a 1-unit second home or a 1- to 4-unit investment property.
- Your loan is owned by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae. You can use the Loan Look-up Tools below if you are unsure.
- Your loan was originated on or before May 31, 2009. By using the loan look-up tools below, this date will be made available to you.
- Your current loan-to-value (LTV) ratio must be greater than 80%. Calculate your LTV ratio with this tool.
Find Out If Your Loan Is Owned By Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae
You may not have purchased your mortgage from Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae, but it may have been sold to Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
Use these tools to see if your home loan is owned by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae, or call them toll-free:
- Fannie Mae
Loan Look-up Tool
Call: 800-7FANNIE (8 am to 8 pm ET)
- Freddie Mac
Loan Look-up Tool
Call: 800-FREDDIE (8 am to 8 pm ET)
- Note: Be sure and check your address on both the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac look-up tool. If your address does not appear in the look-up tool of either site, your loan is not owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac and you are not eligible for the program.
Marimark Mortgage is based in Tampa, Florida, and serves the mortgage needs of homebuyers, homeowners, and investors in Florida, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
We specialize in mortgages for first-time homebuyers, conventional home mortgages, refinance loans, reverse mortgages, and FHA, VA, and USDA mortgage options. In addition, we’ve worked extensively with cash-out refinancing and help clients to lower their monthly mortgage payments.
To get started with a mortgage to buy your next home, please fill out our Quick Mortgage Application or contact us